Friday, March 8, 2013

Vernal Equinox

Considered one of the lesser sabbats by many witches, but not me, I love the lesser sabbats. I have more affinity to the astrological dates, the days when clearly the universe is sending a message, where the balance of the earth is changing. These are the dates I have been close to since I was a wee one.
Mine are really not this pretty
This one is so pleasant too, spring is coming. I know the equinox is not until the 20th of march, but today is the E and I’m gonna take it! This day marks the truest dawning of the spring, the seeds are sown inside and some early spring flowers are starting to come up, many others are blooming. The rabbits, are waking up and getting frisky, hence the symbol of fertility. The day is always full of rabbits and colored eggs and spring and flowers. I plant my wee seeds, and hope the sprouts don’t get eaten by cats. I paint egg shells as gifts, and make egg shaped candles for the altar and daytime ritual. (Some of these crafts may be posted as we near the date!)

This sabbat is just a part of the turning of the earth, another symbol that it all comes back around. No matter how bad it seems or long the darkness may feel, it cannot last forever, nothing can. The world must remain in balance.



No comments:

Post a Comment