Friday, March 1, 2013

In Sickness and In Health, Edification.

No, last week I did not make a PBP post. I felt bad about it, I enjoy making them, and I feel like they do help me put thoughts in order, but I was ill, and therefore had other priorities.
That said this week I am making a post, and I may even start scheduling others, (non PBP related.) In an attempt to help me better understand myself and my practice, and to force a little personal edification, I shall be posting more. Look for thoughts on Mondays and Tuesdays in addition to my usual Friday postings.

Today also marks My first anniversary with my wonderful husband, (sort of, we were married on the 29th of February.) I am happy to be married to such a wonderful and supportive person.

Ahem, right, now on to my PBP post!

Edification

Woo hoo! That sounds a bit pretentious doesn’t it? Well it’s something I have been feeling, (no, I know edification is not a feeling, just bear with me.)

You know that place in your practice where you get used to it? You know your god/ddess/ deity/ whatnot. You know what you do that works, and you enjoy what you are doing, then about 3 years or so down the road you start to feel a little bit burnt-out, like these things you are doing are not doing for you what they once did? Many people suffer a crisis of (is faith the right word here?) at this point. Why do we let ourselves get to that point? Why do we let ourselves get used to things? Are we just trying to stay within our comfort zones, or do we fix ourselves on the patterns of every-day life, and making our practices every-day at the same time.
We forget to keep learning and growing, we no longer stand in awe of the universe, thinking we already understand it. We allow ourselves to become weighed down by groups or life and do not take the time for our personal and spiritual learning. So many people are depressed or anxious about the world and life that it gets in the way. But learning and growing is always good for us, and learning almost anything can be a spiritual endeavor. Why shouldn’t it be? Make it part of a daily devotion (or weekly, depending on how much time you really do have.) to learn something new, about the world, about history, about your deity, about everything!

Make life your edification!

Breathe new life into what you do whenever you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment