Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Whats on my mind today? and Sorry I have been gone so long...

There was something I wanted to say today. I keep thinking and thinking and coming back to the idea that of all religions I could be I simply must be a Universalist. So many fervent beliefs, so many personal truths, for so many people. How do we decide as a people who is right and who is crazy? Am I qualified to make this distinction? Are you?
I feel like the divine must be able to overcome all of that. The divine is capable of being what each person who needs it, needs. (I hope I did not make that statement too convoluted.) For the people who need Allah, the divine is Allah. For those who need the Greek gods, or the Celtic gods, or Yahweh, that which is divine is all of those. That which is divine is not limited to that which is within my own perception, it is beyond my own experience, it is divine. How can mortals put restrictions on that which is divine? How are we so perfect to know better? I think we are not, and I think we need to remember that as people we are more alike than we are different. We all need food and water to survive. We each have blood running through our veins, and we are all human, and we all deserve respect no matter what our beliefs.

I know, short post, but that’s how I am thinking today, and I know, it has been a long while since my last post. Sorry! I will try for weekly again!

No comments:

Post a Comment