Friday, April 5, 2013

My Garden

I will start off by saying that this is not a how-to. My “garden” currently consists of a few little potted seedlings starving for light and a few more seed-pots still waiting on the sill to sprout. I am not a garden expert, I just love using herbs and making my own things and growing has always been a wee bit on the difficult side for me, a tiny apartment will do that to a witch. I even started out with quite a few more seeldings, but did not realize that a kitten would eat sage and thyme if it was there… She did and now they have found their way to a slightly less sunny windowsill…
My mom always planted shady flowers, living in the woods meant that we had to. We never had the really bright and exotic fun flowers, but my mother had a thing for hostas of all different sorts and they always grew so well for her. We never had a lot of vegetables mostly the things that could sit on a window, or deep within the shade of a forest. I guess I did not pick up the same innate ability for making plants work like my mother did, so I have mostly avoided trying to have them after moving out of my mother’s home. I think that was a mistake on my part.
Trying to grow the little buggers now is hard but I just love having them, they are like sad misshapen little children (the poor light means they are a wee bit on the scraggly side.) I can’t wait till I get to use them, in incenses, and cooking, baking and other spells, it will be lovely to have herbals to use that I don’t have to order online. I do love my online herbal store, but some things are worth doing myself, to connect me further to what I am doing, to bring me nearer to the earth, and to all things divine.
My garden is my attempt to learn more about my earth, my garden is small but it is mine, and it has magick too!

No comments:

Post a Comment